Culinary Skills & Management Program Outcomes
CULINARY SKILLS AND MANAGEMENT – ASSOCIATE OF APPLIED SCIENCE & CERTIFICATE
PROGRAM LEARNING OUTCOMES:
- Demonstrate a broad understanding of global styles of food preparation within a commercial kitchen setting.
- Prepare and demonstrate understanding of the menu and its significance in food service.
- Demonstrate understanding of food sanitation and apply to Federal Standards.
- Demonstrate understanding of various cooking techniques and procedures available in commercial kitchens.
- Accurately weigh, measure, and convert quantities and amounts within recipes.
- Prepare assorted breads, pastries, desserts, appetizers, soups and entrees.
- Demonstrate understanding of beverage service in the hospitality industry.
- Demonstrate understanding of sauce and condiment application.
- Demonstrate understanding of garnishing used in contemporary food preparation.
- Skillfully function in the role of server and understand appropriate types of tableservice.
- Demonstrate food service management techniques including cost and portion control in a global diverse food service industry.
- Demonstrate understanding of current trends in Food Service industry.
- Demonstrate professionalism and commitment to the Food Service industry.
< CSM Home Page >