Positions (must be current
Students are hired for a significant number of positions at the College. These jobs usually will be Monday through Friday with a maximum of 20 hours per week. It is the commitment of the College that the candidate is a student first, and an employee second; therefore a student’s class schedule is reviewed and work hours scheduled accordingly.
The following are the basic guidelines that have been developed for a student to become a student assistant employee of the college:
- The candidate must be enrolled for a minimum of 6 credit hours during the fall and winter semesters of employment.
- The candidate must be registered with the Office of Workforce Development.
- When the candidate becomes aware of a student assistant employee position available for which they feel they would be qualified, they should complete the “Online Student Assistant Application Form” or visit the Office of Workforce Development to complete a "Student Assistant Application Form.” The Office will then forward this application to the appropriate department or division. If the department/division administrator wishes to interview the candidate, he or she will call the candidate to arrange for a meeting.
- If the candidate is selected for the position, additional employment/payroll paperwork will need to be completed. This will be explained by the hiring administrator at the time of hire.
- After hired, the new student assistant will be scheduled into a mandatory training session in order to acclimate him/her to working on campus.
Please note: After registering with Workforce Development at www.collegecentral.com/monroeccc and selecting to apply for a student assistant position you will click on link for a Student Assistant Application. That will redirect you back to MCCC website where you can complete the form and either print and/or save it. You can then e-mail it to email@example.com or drop it off in room 286 in the La-Z-Boy Center building to Renee Drouillard.
Click here for the Student Assistant Application Form - pdf file, you may fill out and print or save the file to your system and email.