Code of Conduct
Title IV Loan
School Code of Conduct
The staff of the Monroe County Community College is committed to the highest standards of professional conduct. We invite you to contact us if you have any questions.
Institutional employees and agents are expected to always maintain exemplary standards of professional conduct in all aspects of carrying out his or her responsibilities, specifically including all dealings with any entities involved in any manner in Title IV student financial aid, regardless of whether such entities are involved in a government sponsored, subsidized, or regulated activity. In doing so, employees and agency should:
- Refrain from taking any action for his or her personal benefit.
- Refrain from taking any action he or she believes is contrary to law, regulation, or the best interests of the students and parents he or she serves.
- Prohibit assigning of lender to first-time borrowers and refusal to certify or delay of certification based upon choice of lender.
- Ensure that the information he or she provides is accurate, unbiased, and does not reflect any preference arising from actual or potential personal gain.
- Be objective in making decisions and advising his or her institution regarding relationships with any entity involved in any aspect of Title IV student financial aid.
- Refrain from soliciting or accepting anything of other than nominal value from any entity (other than an institution of higher education or a governmental entity such as the U.S. Department of Education) involved in the making, holding, consolidating or processing of any Title IV student loans, including anything of value (including reimbursement of expenses) for serving on an advisory body or as part of a training activity of or sponsored by any such entity.
- Refrain from accepting any staffing assistance from any entity involved in making, holding, consolidating or processing of any Title IV student loans.
- Disclose to his or her institution, in such manner as his or her institution may prescribe, any involvement with or interest in any entity involved in any aspect of student financial aid.