1. What is existentialism? What does it man to say that a Platonist does not know
what it is to be a person?
2. Socrates felt that philosophy is a way of life, so does the existentialist. How do
the two differ?
3. What state does the author see the modern philosopher in?
Why is this bad?
4. How did the professional philosophers respond to
5. What do you think he means when he speaks of the divorce of mind from life? Give
6. What was the question that the early existentialists Kierkegaard and Nietzsche both
faced? How did their responses differ, how were they similar?
7. Though from different sources and arriving at different conclusions, what do all the
existentialists have in common?
8. How does existentialism differ from logical positivism? Which is the more appealing