Name: John Holladay
152 Western Philosophy Study Questions
2. Why has the idea of behavior control always been so unpopular?
4. How does fear of behavior control hamper our government's legal systems?
6. What role should behavioral science pursue?
8. Define a) Behavioral Science
c) Three Kinds of Control
10. What does Rogers see as the relationship of values to scientific endeavors?
11. Rogers feels that the day may be coming when we will "look back on the
concepts of human freedom, the capacity of choice, the responsibility of
choice, and the worth of the human individual as historical curiosities which
once existed by cultural accident as values in a pre-scientific civilization."
Do you agree? Why or why not?
12. What alternative use of the scientific control of human behavior does Rogers see
as a more appealing possibility?
13. If Skinner's Walden Two is a closed society, what, in Rogers' view, would an open society be like?
14. Explain Rogers' view of the "great paradox of behavioral science."
15. Which of Rogers' ideas does Skinner reject and why?If you wish to return to my home page click here.