There are many benefits of online courses at MCCC:
- Less restrictive scheduling
- Intensive self-study
- Course material is accessible 24 hours a day, seven days a week
Some students struggle in an online format. Other students excel. Students who excel in an online format are:
- Highly self-motivated
- Possess good time management skills
- Know how to study independently
- Possess good communication skills
Online classes at MCCC utilize Blackboard communication tools, such as email, discussion boards and chats to interact with the instructor and other students.
Online classes at MCCC are not self-paced. Students must complete exams, assignments, etc. by specified due dates.
Hardware and Software
- 233 MHz processor or faster
- 256 MB of RAM
- 200 MB available hard disk space
- CD-ROM drive (minimum 16x speed is suggested)
- High speed or broadband internet connection recommended; 56k connection is required
- Video and sound cards are recommended
- Internet Explorer 9.0
- Mozilla Firefox (Final Release Channel)
- Google Chrome (Stable Channel)
- Safari 5.1.
- For the most current Blackboard operating system and browser requirements, please go to http://www.monroeccc.edu/distancelearning/elearning_student.htm
and access the “Blackboard Browser Requirements” link.
- Cookies must be enabled.
- Java must be enabled.
- Microsoft Word 2010 or higher is recommended.
- Microsoft Office Suite is recommended.
- Adobe Reader 8.2 or higher is required.
It is essential that online students keep their contact information up to date. Sometimes instructors need to contact students by phone or email. Please keep this information current through the WebPAL system.