The following goals have been established by Monroe County Community College for the Self-Study process:
- Conduct a process that adheres to the highest standards of integrity, objectivity, and thoroughness.
- Produce a Self-Study report that results in full accreditation from HLC.
- Engage all college constituencies in the Self-Study and publicize the results.
- Instill a culture of assessment and institutional improvement across all college operations.
- Provide evidence that practices and processes are aligned with the college mission, and goals.
- Provide an opportunity for reflective and analytic discussion of substantive institutional issues.
- Utilize the process and outcomes of the Self-Study as a guide to improvement.
- Utilize the Self-Study to showcase improvement outcomes and processes.