Monroe County Community College has partnered with the IRS to provide Volunteer Income Tax Assistance (VITA) for low to moderate income taxpayers who generally earn $54,000 or less, who need assistance preparing their own tax returns. IRS-certified volunteers provide free basic income tax return preparation with electronic filing to qualified individuals.
If you would like to have your tax return prepared by an IRS Certified volunteer an appointment is recommended but not required. Click here to schedule an appointment.
If you have basic computer skills you can prepare your own federal and state tax return with assistance if needed on a first come first serve basis.
If you cannot make your scheduled appointment please re-visit the scheduling site and cancel your appointment. Walk-in’s must arrive and sign in on site no later than 2:00pm.
Children are not allowed in the tax preparation area and cannot be left unattended in the lobby.
Hours of operation: February 10th- April 7th on Friday’s from 10:00am – 3:00pm (Closed March 3rd)
Location: Career Technology Center on the MCCC Main Campus, click here for campus map
What to Bring…
- Proof of identification (photo ID)
- Social Security cards for you, your spouse and dependents
- An Individual Taxpayer Identification Number (ITIN) assignment letter may be substituted for you, your spouse and your dependents if you do not have a Social Security number
- Birth dates for you, your spouse and dependents on the tax return
- Wage and earning statements (Form W-2, W-2G, 1099-R,1099-Misc) from all employers
- Interest and dividend statements from banks (Forms 1099)
- All Forms 1095, Health Insurance Statements
- Health Insurance Exemption Certificate, if received
- A copy of last year’s federal and state returns, if available
- Proof of bank account routing and account numbers for direct deposit such as a blank check
- To file taxes electronically on a married-filing-joint tax return, both spouses must be present to sign the required forms
- Total paid for daycare provider and the daycare provider's tax identifying number such as their Social Security number or business Employer Identification Number
- Forms 1095-A, B or C, Affordable Health Care Statements
- Copies of income transcripts from IRS and state, if applicable
WE DO NOT PREPARE PRIOR YEAR RETUNS