||Important things to remember when applying for Scholarships at MCCC
- All scholarships do not require financial need or a high grade point average.
- It is the applicant's responsibility to be sure that all required credentials are uploaded on © AcademicWorks™.
- If a letter of recommendation(s) is required, it is the applicant’s responsibility to be sure to follow instructions on AcademicWorks for submission.
- When listing clubs, organizations or community service, please do not use acronyms. Reviewers may not know what they represent.
- It is recommended that your scholarship essay is checked for proper spelling and grammar before being submitted. If the scholarship requires specific topics to be covered in the essay, it is the applicant's responsibility to be sure all areas are addressed.
- It is important for applicants to complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid. Even though you may not qualify for Federal Aid, this process helps to determine the unmet need applicants may have and helps facilitate the scholarship award process.