Graduating from high school is a big accomplishment. Now, it’s time to take that next step. And we think that the quality and value of a Monroe County Community College education will serve you well.
We have the programs to help you advance your education. Your future. Your life. Through one-on-one learning relationships with dedicated faculty and staff, small class sizes, and classes offered in a variety of convenient in-person, online and blended formats, MCCC offers a practical, personal education that gives you a lifetime of value.
And, if you are worried – like so many students and their parents are, and should be – about the high cost of attending college, we can put your mind at ease. MCCC’s cost is about a third of the cost of a typical public university. And you can save even more if you live in Monroe County and meet prescribed scores on the SAT or ACT through the Trustee Merit Scholarship. So, you can graduate and start your career or transfer on (which we make easy to do) and save thousands (and thousands) of dollars.
We want you at MCCC!
Please request any official high school transcripts, any official college transcripts and any ACT/SAT scores to be submitted to the Admissions Office.
MCCC requires that new students have appropriate scores on the ACT/SAT, submit their high school transcripts (for those who graduated after 2015) or complete the Accuplacer Exam.
If you received the following scores on the SAT or ACT, you may be exempt from taking the Accuplacer assessment exam.
SAT: Critical Reading/English – 470 or higher; MATH – 520 or higher
ACT: English - 18 or higher; Reading - 18 or higher; Math - 20 or higher
The Accuplacer exam identifies current skill levels in math, English and Reading and could impact which courses in which you may enroll. Monroe County Community College conducts the Accuplacer test in the Testing Center located in Founders Hall (Room F-160). All testing is currently being done by appointment only at this time. You may schedule an appointment by calling 734-384-4144 or by emailing Karen Kuhl at email@example.com.
MCCC is utilizing Examity as a third-party, remote proctoring partner that allows students to test at a time of their choosing. Students do pay a $25 fee to utilize this service. All students who use Examity and enroll in the Summer 2020 or Fall 2020 semester may apply for CARES Act funds to help students who have been financially affected by the transition to online classes due to the COVID-19 pandemic. Contact the Office of Admissions and Guidance Services via email at firstname.lastname@example.org for further information about completing the Accuplacer with Examity.
Additional Math Placement
The Math Department at Monroe County Community College has developed an additional online test that may be completed for Math placement. This is a free option that is available to students by following the steps below:
To register of the Monroe County Community College Math Placement Test on MyMathTest:
- Go to www.mymathtest.com
- Select "Student" under Register Now
- Select Register for a course required by you instructor
- Enter the following Program Code: XL3K-R1ZW-001Z-90W2 and click continue
- Create Pearson Account if you do not have one already
- Select Use an Access Code
- Enter Access Code: WSSMMT-GIGLI-BENCH-PASTE-PATHS-BYTES
- Select Go to My Courses
- Sign in with the account information that you just created or sign in with information if you accessed previously
- Agree to required policies
- Enroll in new placement program with this Program ID again: XL3K-R1ZW-001Z-90W2
- You can utilized the Study Plan option prior to taking the test.
- Once you are ready to test you can click on the left hand side “Take A Test”
- Click Monroe County Community College Placement Test FL2020 under assignment
- Click Start Test and complete your placement test
- Email email@example.com once completed so your results may be reviewed by a counselor.
Tuition must be paid by the payment due date or at the time of course registration. MCCC offers a variety of payment options:
- Pay online through your myWebPAL Student Registration and Planning Account (You’ll set this up when you meet with your counselor.)
- Pay in person at the Cashier’s Office in Building A.
- Sign up for our convenient Tuition Payment Plan through your myWebPAL account.
Remember, your reserved seat in a class will be dropped if you don’t make a payment by the due date. See Important Dates below.
All of your books and supplies are available through the MCCC Bookstore. Students are able to purchase or rent their books at the bookstore or online. The MCCC Bookstore is located in room A141 on Main Campus. Bring your class schedule from your myWebPAL account with you, and you’ll be ready to go.
MCCC offers online and in-person orientation programs.
REGISTER FOR NEW STUDENT ORIENTATION (IN-PERSON SESSION) currently unavailable.
You are now ready to start your classes at MCCC and a step closer to reaching your goals!