Following are the online courses offered for this semester. All classes have an additional $75.00 lab fee. Students should check the course requirements pages below and follow the instructions specific to each class. If required, be sure to contact the instructor before the deadline date. Please Note: some online classes require occasional attendance on campus for meetings/testing.
**Students who have never completed an online course at MCCC may be required to complete an online training course prior to registering for online courses.
New to online courses, visit the eLearning Web page for more information on logging into blackboard and your computer set up requirements for using blackboard!
A blended course blends face-to-face classroom instruction with a significant amount of Web-based instruction. The class schedule in these courses will require the student to come to the MCCC campus as established by the instructor.
Following are the blended courses offered for this semester. All classes have an additional $75 lab fee. Students should carefully read and follow the instructions specific to each class below. If required, be sure to contact the instructor before the deadline date. Please Note: Blended courses require attendance on campus for meetings/testing.
There are many benefits of online courses at MCCC:
- Less restrictive scheduling
- Intensive self-study
- Course material is accessible 24 hours a day, seven days a week
Some students struggle in an on-line format. Other students excel. Students who excel in an on-line format are:
- Highly self-motivated
- Possess good time management skills
- Know how to study independently
- Possess good communication skills
Online classes at MCCC utilize Blackboard communication tools, such as email, discussion boards and chats to interact with the instructor and other students.
Online classes at MCCC are not self-paced. Students must complete exams, assignments, etc. by specified due dates.
Hardware and Software
- Internet Explorer 9.0 or higher, Mozilla Firefox (Final Release Channel), Google Chrome (Stable Channel) and Safari 5.1.
- AOL is not recommended. If using AOL, please minimize the window and open your web browser in a new window.
- Cookies must be enabled.
- Java must be enabled
- Microsoft Word 2013 is recommended.
- Microsoft Office Suite 2013 is recommended.
- Adobe Reader 8.2 or higher is required.
Other System Requirements:
- High speed or broadband Internet connection is recommended; 56k connection is required.
- Printer, video and sound cards.
- CD-ROM drive (minimum 16x speed is suggested) is required.
Additional course specific technology may be required, see the individual course requirements listed above.