Monroe County Community College
Career Technology Center
1555 S. Raisinville Rd.
July 28, 29, 30 and August 4, 5, 6, 2020
8 a.m.-4:30 p.m. Each Day
This workshop is funded by the NSF grant (NSF Division of Undergraduate Education No. 181078) and is for high school welding teachers or other high school teachers interested in teaching welding or interested in the AWS-QC-10 certification process. Each teacher who successfully completes the workshop will earn AWS-QC-10 certification. To be certified, participants must attend all day, each day (July 30, 31 and August 1, 6, 7, 8, 2019).
Breakout sessions to work on implementation scenarios for each respective school program will also be offered. Core elements of certification modules will be emphasized, as well as teaching practices to ensure student success. Articulation pathways will be highlighted for students to complete the next steps to advanced welder certification – AWS-QC-11 – that is offered at MCCC.
- A stipend of $1,200 (in two installments)will be paid to each high school teacher who participates in workshop.
- Breakfast and lunch will be provided, as well as a travel allowance for those traveling over 50 miles round trip. The workshop is limited to first 10 participants on a first-come, first-served basis. Please include any dietary restrictions on the AWS QC-10 Teacher Workshop Application. All participants will be required to sign an agreement that they will attempt to implement AWS SENSE QC-10 entry-level welding training in their respective schools and provide a plan to pursue this action over the next 3 years.
- Monroe County School district teachers will be given preference.
- Certification of completion from AWS and the college
- State Continuing Educational State Continuing Education Clock Hours (SCECHs)
- NSF ATE Welding Grant Polo Shirt
To be considered for this workshop, please fill out the AWS QC-10 Teacher Workshop Application and email it to Cameron Albring, administrative assistant to the dean of the Applied Science and Engineering Technology Division, at firstname.lastname@example.org. For more information, please contact Cameron at (734) 384-4112.