Welcome to the MCCC Bookstore. Located in the Audrey M. Warrick Student Services Building, the Bookstore is your one-stop place to shop for all your college needs. The Bookstore offers new and used books, book bags, school supplies, gift items, greeting cards as well as snack foods.
NOTICE: To best serve students and the community amid concerns about Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19), the MCCC Bookstore will be open but with limited hours (see hours below). All required books and supplies can be purchased through the online Bookstore. All orders will be shipped from the Bookstore directly to the students. In an effort to assist students in utilizing the online purchasing process for books and required supplies, the Bookstore has made financial aid available as a payment option through the ordering website.
Please feel free to contact us with any questions you may have. Our staff is always willing to help you in any way we can to make your experience at MCCC the best it can be.
Sell your books back online! Get paid for your textbooks by selling them back online. Shipping is covered, so there’s no cost to you! All you have to do is search for the book(s) you want to sell back, print a prepaid label and ship back your book(s). get started here, http://www.nebook.com/virtualsellback.
Bookstore.monroeccc.edu or from the Homepage of the College Website: monroeccc.edu then select Bookstore
Select Textbook Lookup
Select Academic Term
Repeat above for additional courses
Add/Update Items in Cart
Fill in student information (name, address, phone…)
Delivery option does not need to be selected at this time. All orders will be shipped UPS
Select payment option (Credit Card or Financial Aid)
Select Substitution Preference
Enter student ID number ****REQUIRED***
Students will receive an email once the order is in process and also once it has been completed.
We will be sending out orders on Wednesday or Friday’s at this time. This may change as we get closer to the start of the semester.
Important Notes for Students Using Financial Aid:
Financial Aid funds will be available to use for Bookstore purchases from 4/20/2020 through 5/20/2020.
Financial Aid students will need to take a photo of their student ID or work ID and email it to firstname.lastname@example.org prior to the order being completed.
Once students who are using Financial Aid receive the notification that their order has been completed, the documentation should be printed and a photo of the signed invoice sent to email@example.com. If students are not able to do this, the following information should be documented on a blank sheet of paper: order number, student name, student ID number, dollar amount of transaction and sign and date this paper. Then email a photo of this document for our records. This documentation is required by the Financial Aid Office.
***For required supplies or to add supplies, select “Supplies” on the left side of the screen. This will put the items selected in the cart as well for purchase. We have selected those items required and a few additional items that may be necessary***
How to Purchase Textbooks Online:
When purchasing your textbooks online, please have the following information available: Your class schedule with course name, course number and section number. This allows you to find the correct book for your section and course.
You may purchase your books with a credit card only. Please allow 48 hours to process your order.
Go to the Monroe online textbook ordering web site https://bookstore.monroeccc.edu.
How to Purchase Textbooks at the Bookstore:
When purchasing your textbooks, please have the following information with you: Your class schedule with course name, course number and section number. This allows us to help you find the correct book for your section and course.
When visiting the bookstore, you may purchase your textbooks with the following: cash, check (A valid driver's license is required), credit card (Visa, MasterCard or Discover) or financial aid (Picture ID is required).
Why Shopping with the MCCC Bookstore is your best choice:
- We accept financial aid during open voucher period only.
- All of your textbook and supply items are available in one location.
- We have the most current information on the specific books and editions your instructors want to use in their classes.
- Often, books purchased elsewhere are not complete, are not the current edition or are lacking information you need in your classes.
- If the instructor for the class changed, the book for your course may change as well.
- If you drop a class, the books you purchased through the MCCC Bookstore are returnable for a refund (with original receipt and according to our current return policy).
Used Book Buyback Policy:
Book buyback is usually held the last few days of each semester and is located in the Bookstore. Dates and times will be posted on the website and also be posted on signs around the campus prior to buyback.
- Books must be current editions and be in usable condition. Usable condition will be determined by the Bookstore.
- Buyback prices will be based on the following
- If the textbook is a requested book for the next semester and inventory on hand has not been met, up to 50 percent of the purchase price will be paid.
- If the textbook is not requested for the following semester, the current wholesale price that is determined by the wholesaler will be paid.
- Textbooks sold with other materials, such as accessories may not be eligible for buyback.
- Most study guides, workbooks, lab manuals and tear-out books are not eligible for buyback.
Not all books are bought back at the end of the semester. There are many factors that determine whether or not your book will be bought back: new editions may be pending, the instructor may be changing software, the course may not be offered next term, or the Bookstore may have enough stock on hand.
The bookstore tries to buy back every possible book it can. Selling your books to us is a great way to battle the rising costs of textbooks.
Book Buyback Dates Fall 2020 - Main Campus Only
12/9/20 – 9am – 3pm
12/10/20 – 9am – 3pm
12/11/20 – 9am – 3pm
12/14/20 – 9am – 6pm
12/15/20 – 9am – 3pm
MCCC Student ID is required.
At the bookstore we have a wide variety of merchandise available for purchase besides textbooks.
These are just a few of the types of items we carry:
- Pens, pencils and highlighters
- Binders, spirals, paper, folders
- USB drives
- Study guides, reference guides
- Spirit wear such as imprinted clothing
- Imprinted gift items such as mugs, glassware, lanyards
- Greeting cards
- Postage stamps
New books must be in perfect condition – no bent pages, markings or writing, stains or damage to the front cover or binding. Please do not write, highlight or open packages until you are sure you have the correct book for class and are sure you are going to continue the course.
- Packages with access codes or components are non-returnable once opened.
- No refunds on textbook purchases made during the last 10 days of the semester.
- Purchases by check require a 10-business day waiting period for a cash refund.
- Due to security coding, credit card must accompany sales receipt for the refund of credit purchases.
- Loose-leaf textbooks are NON-RETURNABLE IF OPENED.