Accessibility of the Campus
Monroe County Community College is committed to making our campus barrier free for students with disabilities. If you have any access problems or concerns, please contact the Disability Services Office by phone at (734) 384-4167 or in person. The office is located on the second floor of the Campbell Learning Resources Center (Building C) in Room 218. An elevator is available via the south entrance of the building.
Handicapped parking spaces are available in all campus lots. A state- or campus-issued handicapped permit is required to park in these spaces. To inquire about a campus permit, please contact Disability Services.
Contacting Disability Services via Phone
Students with hearing impairments may contact Disability Services by using the Michigan Relay Center number: 1-800-649-3777.
Students whose disabilities restrict them from climbing stairs may use elevators in MCCC Buildings with second floors, which include the Campbell Learning Resources Center, the La-Z-Boy Center and the Life Sciences Building. The entrance to the Campbell Learning Resources Center elevator is located on the south side of the building in the loading dock area. The elevator in the Life Science Building is located in the main corridor near the front entrance. The La-Z-Boy Center elevator is available via request during event/activities held in the facility’s Meyer Theater.
The Cellar student lounge area and Student Government office are located in the basement of the Audrey M. Warrick Student Services/Administration Building. This area is accessible to those with disabilities via an elevator in the loading dock area off the east entrance.
As part of the college’s 5-year Maintenance and Improvement Millage projects, elevator access is being improved to better serve students with disabilities.
Automatic Door Openers
Automatic door openers are available throughout the campus. The openers operate on a timer system in order to allow easier access to the buildings to those with disabilities.
There are three ramps for entering the Audrey M. Warrick Student Services/Administration Building. These ramps are located at the east, north and south entrances to the building. All other campus buildings are accessible from the ground level.
All the main buildings on campus are equipped with at least one accessible restroom. As part of the college’s 5-year Maintenance and Improvement Millage projects, all restrooms in all the main buildings across campus are slated to be renovated to become accessible. Currently, accessible restrooms are identified with a placard. Below is a list of those locations:
- Audrey M. Warrick Student Services/Administration Building: The accessible restroom is located in the main corridor across from the bookstore.
- Campbell Learning Resource Center: Take the elevator to the basement and the restroom is located on the West side of the building.
- Career Technology Center: All restrooms are accessible.
- East & West Technology Buildings: The accessible restroom is closest to the east side of the East Technology building.
- Life Sciences Building: The accessible restroom is on the second floor in the center area. An elevator is available.
- Health Education Building: All restrooms are accessible.
- La-Z-Boy Center: All restrooms are accessible.