Yes, every academic year you must reapply for your financial aid. This includes filling out the FAFSA, and turning in any additional documentation needed for verification. The FAFSA becomes available on the Web as early as October 1st of each year.

Yes, you may fill out a Special Circumstance form, available in the Financial Aid Office, and return it with the necessary documentation listed on the form. If you are eligible to receive additional federal assistance, you will be notified. You must provide at least six month's income.

Yes, because you are only considered to be an independent student when you are 24 years or older, married or have children that you financially support 51% or more.  If you are a ward of the court or if someone had legal guardianship of you, please make sure you check that question on the FAFSA application and provide us with legal documentation. 
If you have unusual circumstances that you feel may qualify you as an independent student, you may fill out a Dependency Status Review form, available in the Financial Aid Office.

You can go to the Bookstore to purchase books with your financial aid 10 days before the semester start date.

Yes, a FAFSA must be submitted to us before we can process a student loan. You also need to complete the Verification process with our college as well. You should wait until you are notified by our college regarding your eligibility for a Pell Grant before you fill out the loan request form.

Students should not fax paperwork that contains personally identifiable information.

Contact Information

Financial Aid


Building / Office IconS-101
Phone Icon (734) 384-4135


Summer Hours (May 6 – Aug. 9)
Mon - Thur: 7:30 a.m. - 5 p.m.
Fri: 8 a.m. - 12 p.m.