The Fitness Center is currently closed .
Monroe County Community College recognizes and supports the relationship of wellness and fitness to social, personal and academic success.
With today's emphasis on health, wellness and exercise, the college offers expanded hours for participation in physical activities in a modern facility.
From cardiovascular and weightlifting to aerobics and intramural sports, facilities and instruction are available throughout the year.
The Fitness Center is located in the Gerald Welch Health Education Building on the north end of campus.
The facility is open to all MCCC students and staff free of charge. Alumni Association members may also use the facility.
Gaining access to the Fitness Center is easy. Just follow the three steps listed below.
1. Stop in Fitness Center for tutorial and/or demonstration of correct use of equipment.
2. Sign a liability waiver form.
3. Bring a photo identification when using the facility.
The Monroe County Community College Fitness Center offers the latest in cardiovascular and weight training equipment.
Hammer Strength Training Equipment
How Alumni Can Join The Fitness Center
1. Join the Alumni Association.
2. Pay a $50.00 yearly Fitness Center membership fee.
Both memberships (Alumni Association and Fitness Center)
Payable at the MCCC Cashiers Office
1555 South Raisinville Rd.
Monroe, Michigan 48161
3. Take an orientation session which demonstrates the correct use of the equipment.
4. Sign a liability waiver.
5. Bring a photo identification when using the facility.
Megan McCaffery-Bezeau, Fitness Activities Coordinator
Student assistants are utilized to staff the Fitness Center. They are CPR-certified and trained on the proper use of the equipment. Student assistants are not personal trainers and should not be consulted for fitness regimens.