MCCC’s Honors Program provides high-achieving and highly motivated students with opportunities for service leadership, community-based civic-engagement and advanced academic scholarship.
- Increased Merit Scholarship funds from MCCC, including access to conference funds, which will cover more than 50 percent of tuition.
- Higher likelihood of completing your degree on time, which increases long-term earning potential in the workforce.
- Access to a priority registration window for popular courses.
- Access to Honors seminars that fulfill General Education and Honors Program requirements.
- Participation in a competitive cohort of like-minded honor students.
- Mentorship in higher-levels academic endeavors and in the building of citizenship and leadership skills.
- Development of an Honors portfolio that will include examples of scholarship, leadership, citizenship and a recommendation letters.
- Graduation with an Honors Degree Designation.
If you are a new in-coming freshman, you are eligible for the Honors Program if you meet the following criteria.
- Have been admitted to MCCC and are eligible for the Trustee Merit Scholarship Program
- Have at least a 3.5 high school GPA
- Have completed an application for the Honors Program that includes two letters of recommendation and an essay demonstrating academic ability.
Applications can be obtained from the honors coordinator, Dr. Michael Fuertes. Request them via e-mail at email@example.com or pick them up in person in Room 222 in the Life Sciences Building (please make an appointment ahead of time).
Existing students eligible to join the Honors Program may contact the honors coordinator directly.