A free 8-week, in-person summer program to help students prepare for college.
Bridges to College – Husky Hype-Up is open to recent high school graduates who are new or current MCCC students and place into developmental courses for Summer or Fall semester.
Students will receive free laptops and have access to Wi-Fi hotspots while they are in the program.
Seats are limited, and students will be accepted on a first-come, first-served basis.
Bridges to College - Husky Hype-Up is focused on student learning through:
- Supporting reading, writing and math skills.
- A hybrid model of instruction that includes online and in-person learning.
- Activities to get students ready to become an MCCC Husky and help them build a sense of belonging at Monroe County Community College.
Students will work with college educational advocates to prepare for their higher education experience in the fall. They’ll meet with advisors, learn about financial aid opportunities, and gain career readiness skills.
MCCC will provide:
- All of the learning materials and supplies.
- A free laptop and a $500 stipend based on attendance and participation.
- Breakfast and lunch each day.
- Student engagement activities, resources information and college navigation.
- Access to the college’s food pantry, Heck’s Market.
- A $25 Lyft card for transportation to and from the Husky Hype-Up program.
How to Enroll
Fill out the Bridges to College – Husky Hype-Up Interest Form below. A program coordinator or manager will then contact you to provide more information.
Husky Hype-Up Interest Form
Program Location, Dates & Calendar
Bridges to College – Husky Hype-Up will be offered this summer at the MCCC Main Campus in Monroe at 1555 S. Raisinville Rd.
Sessions are planned for June 11, 2023 through August 11, 2023 with no classes the week of the July 4 holiday. Sessions and most activities are held mostly in the morning, leaving time for summer jobs and activities.
|TIME||MONDAY - THURSDAY|
|7:45-8:20 a.m.||Check-in Breakfast|
|8:30-9:45 a.m.||Orientation and First Year Experience|
|10 a.m.-12:30 p.m.||Reading/Writing or Math Classes|
|12:30 -1 p.m.||Food Pantry Access/Boxed Lunch|
|Note:||No classes the week of the July 4 holiday.|
Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call (734) 384-4104.