Keeping Your Award

If you were awarded a Pell Grant, Direct Stafford Loans, Supplemental Educational Opportunity Grant, Federal College Work Study, Michigan Competitive Scholarship Program and/or endowed need based scholarships, you have to meet something called Standards of Progress in order to keep your financial aid.

Please visit the below links to read about how to keep your award:

Repeating Courses

Repeating Courses

Students may receive federal financial aid to pay for a course that the student is repeating if the student has not previously passed the course.

Satisfactory Academic Progress

Satisfactory Academic Progress

Satisfactory Academic Progress is evaluated after each payment period (Fall, Winter, Summer).  To be eligible for renewal of financial aid, students must meet certain academic standards.

Withdrawl from Classes

Withdrawal from Classes

If a student withdraws during his or her period of enrollment, the amount of Title IV financial aid the student has earned up to that point is determined by a specific formula.

Contact Information

Financial Aid


Building / Office IconS-101
Phone Icon (734) 384-4135


Summer Hours (May 6 – Aug. 9)
Mon - Thur: 7:30 a.m. - 5 p.m.
Fri: 8 a.m. - 12 p.m.