The Monroe County Community College Office of Marketing and Communications is responsible for developing and implementing marketing communications plans, programs and projects that support MCCC’s mission, vision, core values and educational objectives. The department’s efforts provide a framework for delivering consistent and timely information that enhances and improves the college’s brand image.
- Direct Mail
- E-mail marketing
- Freedom of Information Act (FOIA)
- Graphic design
- Integrated marketing communications campaigns
- MCCC-branded premium items
- Public relations
- Social media
- Video production
- Web design and development
- To request assistance with a marketing communications project, please fill out the Marketing Communications Project Request Form. A completed Project Request Form is required for the Office of Marketing and Communications to begin working on a project.
- For any requests that are not covered by the form, such as photography or video requests or major, integrated communications campaigns, please check "other" under "Project Type" and briefly describe the project.
- If you have questions, contact Joe Verkennes, director of marketing and communications, at (734) 384-4207 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Office of Marketing and Communications acts as the official liaison between the college and the news media by coordinating all public information activities designed to promote better understanding of and support for MCCC and its programs.
The office assists journalists by providing information and assisting reporters in covering MCCC news. Information is sent regularly to the news media through e-mailed news releases, media advisories, news tips and the posting of news and information on the college’s website.
Individuals who work with the news media include:
MCCC provides a wide array of cultural, educational and recreational events throughout the year for students and the entire community. These events are managed by the Office of Marketing and Communications. A yearly calendar of exhibits, demonstrations, lectures, slide shows, concerts, plays, athletic and seasonal events is available. Spotlighting well-known regional and national artists, many events are free and all are open to the public.
Freedom of Information Act (FOIA)
Pursuant to MCL 15.236, Monroe County Community College’s president has designated the Director of Marketing and Communications as the Freedom of Information Act Coordinator.
It is the public policy of the State of Michigan that all persons (except those incarcerated) are entitled to full and complete information regarding the affairs of government and the official acts of those who represent them as public officials and public employees.
MCCC’s policy with respect to FOIA requests is to comply with State Law in all respects and to respond to FOIA requests in a consistent, fair and even-handed manner.