MCCC offers an abundance of online and blended classes. Online classes deliver instruction in an entirely Web-based format. Blended classes combine a significant amount of Web-based instruction with some face-to-face classroom instruction.
There are many benefits of online courses at MCCC:
- Less restrictive scheduling
- Intensive self-study
- Course materials are accessible 24 hours a day, seven days a week
Some students struggle in an online format. Other students excel. Students who excel in an online format:
- Are highly self-motivated
- Have strong computer skills
- Possess good time management skills
- Know how to study independently
- Possess good communication skills
Online classes at MCCC utilize Brightspace, a Web-based course management system, which includes communication tools – such as email, discussion boards and chats to interact with the instructor and other students.
Online classes at MCCC are not self-paced. Students must complete exams, assignments, etc. by specified due dates. Please see the college’s website for more Brightspace information.
- Google Chrome (latest version)
- Mozilla Firefox (latest version)
- Safari (latest version)
- Internet Explorer (latest version)
- Edge (latest version)
Be sure to:
- Install Adobe Flash Player 10.1 or greater
- Use Brightspace System Check to ensure your browser is compatible
Highly Recommended Software
- Microsoft Office 2016
- Adobe Reader (latest version)
Also Highly Recommended
- High speed or broadband Internet connection.
NOTE: Additional course-specific technology may be required; see course descriptions.