Adding / Dropping Courses

You might find that you’ve “bitten off more than you can chew” or something unforeseen happens in your life that makes it impossible to keep up with your classes. In that case, it will be in your best interest to drop a course or maybe more. Don’t just stop going to class. You must officially withdraw by filling out an "Add/Drop Form" (available in the Registrar’s Office in the A building) or you can use WebPal. It’s always better to have a "W" on your transcript than an "E". A "W" does not affect your GPA. If in doubt, feel free to talk to a counselor and if you’re getting financial aid, check before making the withdrawal official. Make sure that you check the current semester’s academic calendar for the last day to withdraw from a class!

Then again, you might decide you want to change your schedule or add a class after the semester begins. In that case, you can add as long as the class hasn’t met twice (or once if the class only meets once a week).