The associate of applied science degree with specialization in accounting is designed to provide practical and theoretical preparation for positions leading to supervisory and administrative assignments. In addition to completion of the required general education courses, students desiring the program designation on their transcript must complete the required core and specialized courses. This curriculum provides preparation for careers in business accounting departments and accounting firms.
This certificate program may be completed fully online via the MCCC-Online Option. Note: Not all courses are offered online every semester. Additional course fees may apply.
Degree / Program Outcomes
Upon successful completion of all degree requirements, graduates should be able to:
- Perform financial accounting functions using proper format and procedure based on GAAP. Upon successful completion of all degree requirements graduates of this program should be able to:
- Prepare, analyze and interpret financial statements and reports for service, merchandising and manufacturing companies. Perform managerial accounting functions using proper format and procedure.
- Demonstrate basic understanding of taxation.
- Demonstrate professional business communication skills.
- Perform accounting functions and applications in both a “manual” and a computerized environment.