The associate of applied science degree in business management is designed to provide the student with a general background in business and an awareness of the organizational and environmental changes that continually challenge management.
Graduates of this program will potentially be prepared for entry-level employment as:
- Business analysts
- Customer service representatives
- General business managers
- Human resources managers
- Office managers
- Purchasing and logistics agents
- Retail managers
- Sales managers
Although this program is a two-year occupational program designed to prepare students for employment, many four-year colleges and universities will accept much of this curriculum in transfer. Please see a counselor in the Office of Admissions and Guidance for details.
Upon successful completion of all degree requirements, graduates of this program should be able to:
- Understand the U.S. business environment
- Understand basic functions of management
- Understand marketing principles.
- Understand basic accounting principles and practices
- Understand principles of effective communication in a business environment
- Understand of macroeconomic principles
- Understand microeconomic principles
- Understand management in a digital environment