Project Requests / Work Orders


For emergency maintenance requests, call 734.384.4203.  For emergency custodial or grounds requests, call 734.384.4260.

Routine Repairs, Maintenance or Minor Replacements 

Requests for non-emergency routine repair or maintenance items can be made through the FMX System. This category of work is performed on repairable, non-obsolete, existing furniture and equipment or building infrastructure. Work may entail electrical, heating, cooling, plumbing, locks, carpet cleaning, minor paint touch-up or general building repairs. The Physical Plant will prioritize and incorporate these types of requests into its work schedule. 

FMX Work Order Request Form




Examples of this category of work include but are not limited to extensive floor or carpet replacement, large scale painting or interior renovation projects, installation or modification of infrastructure to support new equipment or replacement of specialized equipment, change of use of a facility, or reorganization of furniture and partitions. These projects should be submitted using the “Project Request” form.

Please submit all minor renovation requests as part of the annual budget process. Forms may be submitted throughout the year; however, they will be held until the next budget cycle.  Requests for renovations must include a detailed description and justification, as well as division or department approval prior to submittal.

All renovation requests will be reviewed and prioritized by the president’s Cabinet. Approval of projects will be based upon certain criteria – health and safety, compliance mandates, asset protection, critical maintenance, cost savings or avoidance, strategic goals, etc. If approved, the Physical Plant will implement the project in consultation with the requesting area.

Capital Improvements

Examples include but are not limited to: upgrading and adding to the college’s physical assets, major building renovations and additions, or acquisition of major equipment or systems.  These projects should not be submitted using the “Project Request” form.  Major capital improvements should be directed to the appropriate area vice president for possible incorporation into the college’s master plan.


Questions/Contact Us

Project/Bidding Inquiries:

Curtis Creagh
Vice President of Finance and Administration
(734) 384-4206

Jack Burns, Jr.
Director of Campus Planning & Facilities
(734) 384-4249