If you are age 21* or older and don't have a college degree, you could attend Monroe County Community College TUITION-FREE through the state's Michigan Reconnect program.
*For a limited time only, Michigan Reconnect is now available for those 21 to 24. The Michigan Department of Education will not process Reconnect applications for students aged 21-24 until well into the Winter Semester. Approved scholarships will be applied to student accounts once the State of Michigan approves.
Eligibility Requirements, Age 21-24
- Be at least 21 years of age.
- Apply and enroll in a community or tribal college no later than fall semester 2024.
- Complete the FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid).
- Have lived in Michigan since July 1 of the previous calendar year.
- Have a high school diploma or equivalent or certificate of completion.
- Have not yet completed a college degree.
Eligibility Requirements, Age 25-plus
- Be at least 21 years old when you apply.
- Have lived in Michigan for a year or more.
- Have a high school diploma or equivalent.
- Have not yet completed a college degree (associate or bachelor's).