Due to Covid-19 there are currently no camps scheduled in 2021.
Each June and July, Monroe County Community College’s Office of Lifelong Learning offers a wide variety of camps for kids through the FUNdamentals Summer Camps program. Camp schedules and registration information will be posted here in early May. Each camper receives a camp T-shirt. Register early as sessions are limited.
Past camps have focused on areas such as:
- Auto service
- Building construction
- Firearm safety
- Metrology (the science of measurement)
MCCC Summer Camp Housekeeping and Safety Guidelines
- Each camper must have a signed Release of Liability Waiver on file with the Office of Lifelong Learning prior to the first day of camp.
- It is recommended that you register your child for the grade level they will enter in the fall.
- Be sure you have designated on the Emergency Form who will be dropping off/picking up your child from camp each day.
- Do not drop off your child any earlier than 10 minutes prior to the start of the camp.
- Upon arrival on the first day of camp, stop at the check-in table (near the entrance of the building or classroom of the camp session) to confirm that your child’s Registration, Emergency Information and Release of Liability Waiver forms are on file.
- You must walk your child to and from the classroom each day of camp. Do not drop your child off in the parking lot.
- Arrive promptly at the classroom to pick up your child each day of camp. If a parent is consistently late, we reserve the right to prohibit your child from continuing with the camp.
- Do not wait in the parking lot and ask your child to walk out unescorted.
- Appropriate behavior is expected. Students will be prohibited from continuing with camp for misbehavior.
- Many camps require campers to wear appropriate clothing and/or bring items from home. Please note camp requirements.
- MCCC staff does not dispense medication.
- Have fun!