Want to learn more about driving electric vehicles? Join us for an Electric Vehicle Show featuring various original equipment manufacturers, industry vendors and electric vehicle enthusiasts. The show is sponsored by Monroe County Community College’s Automotive Engineering and Automotive Service programs and Consumers Energy.
At the show, electric, plug-in hybrid and hybrid vehicles will be on display. Vendors will be available to answer questions. Vehicles featured will include but not be limited to the following:
- Ford Motor Company: Ford Mustang Mach E GT
- Lake Erie Transit: 30-foot Gillig hybrid electric bus
- Monroe Dodge: Jeep Wrangler 4 x E plug-in electric hybrid
- Wolverine Toyota: Toyota RAV hybrid/plug-in electric
- Roush Industries: experimental electric vehicle
- Tesla Inc.: multiple vehicles which includes several of the latest models
Among other participants and OEMs, ChargePoint will supply a charging station demo with an electric vehicle, Consumers Energy will display a Tesla vehicle and charging unit display, and DTE Energy will provide information on their electric vehicle charging program. Several MCCC instructors will display their own electric vehicles, and local dealerships such as Friendly Ford, Allen Chevrolet and others will bring their own models of hybrid/ electric vehicles.
This event is free and open to the public.