MONROE, Mich. – WalletHub, a personal finance website, has ranked Monroe County Community College in the top 5 percent of community colleges throughout the U.S. and No. 1 in Michigan for 2022.
The college ranked 37 out of 667 community colleges nationwide.
To determine the best community colleges in the U.S. and in each state, WalletHub selected schools from a list of member institutions in the American Association of Community Colleges. The community colleges were rated according to cost and financing, education outcomes and career outcomes.
WalletHub revealed the ones that are doing it best in its annual list by comparing community colleges across 19 different benchmarks, such as cost of attendance, overall quality of programs, faculty strength, and graduation and retention rates.
Data used to create this ranking were collected from the National Center for Education Statistics, Campaign for Free College Tuition, U.S. Department of Education and Council for Community and Economic Research.
The complete results and methodology for the study, titled “2022’s Best & Worst Community Colleges,” can be found at https://wallethub.com/edu/best-worst-community-colleges/15076/.
The full rankings for the community colleges in Michigan are below. WalletHub notes that due to data limitations, it was not able to include all AACC member schools and that the AACC is not affiliated whatsoever with WalletHub and was used strictly as an informational resource.
- Monroe County Community College
- Gogebic Community College
- Delta College
- West Shore Community College
- Kalamazoo Valley Community College
- Kellogg Community College
- Washtenaw Community College
- Lansing Community College
- St Clair County Community College
- Montcalm Community College
- Grand Rapids Community College
- Southwestern Michigan College
- Bay de Noc Community College
- Muskegon Community College
- Macomb Community College
- Glen Oaks Community College
- Kirtland Community College
- North Central Michigan College
- Mid Michigan College
- Oakland Community College
- Saginaw Chippewa Tribal College
- Mott Community College
- Wayne County Community College District
About Monroe County Community College
Founded in 1964, Monroe County Community College is a public, two-year institution supported by tax monies from Monroe County, educational funds from the State of Michigan and student tuition. The college’s mission is to enrich lives in our community by providing opportunity through student-focused, affordable, quality higher education and other learning experiences. The Main Campus is located at 1555 South Raisinville Road, Monroe, Mich., 48161, with easy access to Toledo and Detroit. The Whitman Center is located in Temperance, Mich., 48182, near the Ohio-Michigan Border. Detailed information about MCCC is available at www.monroeccc.edu.