The ACCUPLACER Placement Test is an untimed, computerized assessment test that helps to evaluate your skills in reading, writing and math and is used by MCCC’s counselors to assist in course selection. The ACCUPLACER Test should be taken seriously. We recommend taking practice tests before attempting the Placement Test.
ACCUPLACER tests your knowledge in math, reading and writing. You can prepare for ACCUPLACER by taking advantage of the study tools and resources offered. Use these tools to become familiar with the types and format of ACCUPLACER test questions. They can help you identify the academic areas where you may need a little help, and prepare to improve.
Hours are Monday – Thursday – 8 a.m. – 6 p.m. and Fridays 8 a.m. – noon.
Located in Founders Hall (Building F on map) – Room F-160
Did you know ACCUPLACER has a free study app and website to help you prepare? Take some of the stress off by seeing what the test is like before you take it: https://accuplacer.collegeboard.org/students.
Other helpful sites for Placement Test prep include:
Additional Math Placement
The Math Department at Monroe County Community College has developed an additional online test that may be completed for Math placement. This is a free option that is available to students by following the steps below:
To register of the Monroe County Community College Math Placement Test on MyMathTest:
- Go to www.mymathtest.com
- Select "Student" under Register Now
- Select Register for a course required by you instructor
- Enter the following Program Code: XL3K-R1ZW-001Z-90W2 and click continue
- Create Pearson Account if you do not have one already
- Select Use an Access Code
- Enter Access Code: WSSMMT-GIGLI-BENCH-PASTE-PATHS-BYTES
- Select Go to My Courses
- Sign in with the account information that you just created or sign in with information if you accessed previously
- Agree to required policies
- Enroll in new placement program with this Program ID again: XL3K-R1ZW-001Z-90W2
- You can utilized the Study Plan option prior to taking the test.
- Once you are ready to test you can click on the left hand side “Take A Test”
- Click Monroe County Community College Placement Test FL2020 under assignment
- Click Start Test and complete your placement test
- Email email@example.com once completed so your results may be reviewed by a counselor.
Acceptable forms of photo identification include current and valid:
- Driver’s license
- State-approved or federal ID
- Military ID
- College ID
- High school ID
- Middle school ID
- Tribal ID
- Naturalization card or certificate of citizenship
- College Board Test Taker ID Form
Upon completion of the ACCUPLACER Placement Test, please email the Office of Admissions & Guidance Services to schedule an appointment with an academic counselor to review your placement scores.