The ACCUPLACER Placement Test is an untimed, computerized assessment test that helps to evaluate your skills in reading, writing and math and is used by MCCC’s counselors to assist in course selection. The ACCUPLACER Test should be taken seriously. We recommend taking practice tests before attempting the Placement Test.
ACCUPLACER tests your knowledge in math, reading and writing. You can prepare for ACCUPLACER by taking advantage of the study tools and resources offered. Use these tools to become familiar with the types and format of ACCUPLACER test questions. They can help you identify the academic areas where you may need a little help, and prepare to improve.
Did you know ACCUPLACER has a free study app and website to help you prepare? Take some of the stress off by seeing what the test is like before you take it: https://accuplacer.collegeboard.org/students.
Other helpful sites for Placement Test prep include:
Monroe County Community College is utilizing Examity as a 3rd party remote proctoring partner that allows students to test at a time of their choosing. Students do pay a $20 fee to utilize this service. All students who use Examity and enroll in the Summer 2020 or Fall 2020 semester may apply for CARES Act funds to help students who have been financially affected by the transition to online classes due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
Contact the Office of Admissions and Guidance Services via email at firstname.lastname@example.org for further information about completing the Accuplacer with Examity.
Additional Math Placement
The Math Department at Monroe County Community College has developed an additional online test that may be completed for Math placement. This is a free option that is available to students by following the steps below:
To register of the Monroe County Community College Math Placement Test on MyMathTest:
- Go to www.mymathtest.com
- Select "Student" under Register Now
- Select Register for self-study access only
- Click Yes, I have an access code
- Create Pearson Account if you do not have one already
- Enter Access Code: WSSMMT-GIGLI-BENCH-PASTE-PATHS-BYTES
- Enter new account information if you just created one including the selection of Monroe County Community College as your school
- Log into MyMathLab with the log-in information you just created
- Enter the following Program Code: XL3K-R1ZW-001Z-90W2
- On left hand side click “Take A Test”
- Click Monroe County Community College Placement Test FL2020 under assignment
- Complete your placement test
- Email email@example.com once completed so your results may be reviewed by a counselor.
ACCUPLACER’s Guidelines while using Examity
When setting up your profile, you must upload a current and valid photo ID. During the authentication process, you will be asked to show the same current and valid photo ID. Acceptable forms of ID include: Driver’s license, High School ID, Military ID, Middle School ID, State or federal approved ID, College ID, Passport, Tribal ID card, Naturalization card or certificate of citizenship.
- You must have a voucher number provided by ACCUPLACER.
- You must test alone in a quiet room without disruptions.
- The following are not allowed during testing:
- Food, drink, calculators, and breaks.
- Scratch paper is allowed along with a standard pen/pencil.
- You will be asked to show both sides of your scratch paper to the proctor at the beginning and end of your test session
Upon completion of the ACCUPLACER Placement Test, please email the Office of Admissions & Guidance Services to schedule an appointment with an academic counselor to review your placement scores.