As of March 21, 2022, students must apply and be accepted as a student at Monroe County Community College to schedule an appointment to take the Accuplacer test. When the student has received the acceptance email with their college email address and student ID number, he/she can call to schedule an appointment for placement testing.
The ACCUPLACER Placement Test is an untimed, computerized assessment test that helps to evaluate your skills in reading, writing and math and is used by MCCC’s counselors to assist in course selection. The ACCUPLACER Test should be taken seriously. We recommend taking practice tests before attempting the Placement Test.
ACCUPLACER tests your knowledge in math, reading and writing. You can prepare for ACCUPLACER by taking advantage of the study tools and resources offered. Use these tools to become familiar with the types and format of ACCUPLACER test questions. They can help you identify the academic areas where you may need a little help, and prepare to improve.
C: Campbell Academic Center
F: Founders Hall
H: Gerald Welch Health Education Building
L: Life Sciences Building
T: Career Technology Center
S: Warrick Student Center
Z: La-Z-Boy Center
Emergency Call Stations
Did you know ACCUPLACER has a free study app and website to help you prepare? Take some of the stress off by seeing what the test is like before you take it: https://accuplacer.collegeboard.org/students.
https://practice.accuplacer.org. -This practice resembles the real testing environment – including the calculator and highlighter functionalities, and features like Learn As You Go and the ability to save practice test history.
Other helpful sites for Placement Test prep include:
Online Math Placement
The Math Department at Monroe County Community College has developed an additional online test that may be completed for Math placement. This is a free option that is available to students by following the numbered steps below:
To register for the Monroe County Community College Math Placement Test on MyMathTest:
Please note: After the student registers with the codes that are listed in the directions, the student is sent a confirmation email. The confirmation email contains a link to the course, or the student can take the test after registering.
- Go to https://mlm.pearson.com/northamerica/mymathtest/
- Select "Student" under Register Now
- Select Register for a course required by you instructor
- Enter the following Program Code: XL41-F1SA-101Z-30W2 and click continue
- Create Pearson Account if you do not have one already
- Select Use an Access Code
- Enter Access Code: WSSMMT-GIGLI-BENCH-PASTE-PATHS-BYTES
- Select Go to My Courses
- Sign in with the account information that you just created or sign in with information if you accessed previously
- Agree to required policies
- Enroll in new placement program with this Program ID again: XL41-F1SA-101Z-30W2
- You can utilized the Study Plan option prior to taking the test.
- Once you are ready to test you can click on the left hand side “Take A Test”
- You should click on or see MCCC Placement Test 2022.
- Click Start Test and complete your placement test
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org once completed so your results may be reviewed by a counselor.
Acceptable forms of photo identification include current and valid:
- Driver’s license
- State-approved or federal ID
- Military ID
- College ID
- High school ID
- Middle school ID
- Tribal ID
- Naturalization card or certificate of citizenship
- College Board Test Taker ID Form