The elementary education associate of applied science degree program prepares students to provide high-quality education to children in grades K-12. This degree program prepares students for a career in education assisting certified teachers or school professionals in K-12 general or special education classrooms or for transfer into an elementary education program at a 4-year college or university. The first two years of instruction in a bachelor’s degree program in elementary education are met. Please work in coordination with your advisor and planned transfer institution to ensure transferability.
ELEMENTARY EDUCATION PROGRAM MISSION
The mission of the elementary education degree program is to prepare students for a career in education assisting certified teachers or school professionals in K-12 general or special education classrooms; or for transfer into an elementary education program at a four-year college or university. This is accomplished through the provision of academic discipline content courses and education specific coursework.
ELEMENTARY EDUCATION STUDENT LEARNING OUTCOMES
- Utilize knowledge of child development and educational theory to support school-age students in their development and learning.
- Demonstrate respectful and professional interactions with diverse children, families, staff, and communities to support student development and learning.
- Develop lessons for school-age students based on knowledge of academic subject areas.
- Apply knowledge of literacy concepts to assist emergent readers and writers.
- Apply knowledge of academic discipline content to support student learning and development.
- Identify individualized instructional methods to meet the developmental and learning needs of diverse learners