MONROE, Mich. – NursingProcess.org has ranked Monroe County Community College’s Registered Nursing program No. 1 in Michigan for 2020.
Based on its ranking methodology, after thoroughly analyzing 72 schools approved by the Michigan Board of Nursing, the online guide to nursing and healthcare education ranked the best schools at which to pursue an associate degree program in nursing.
NursingProcess.com considered four areas to compile its rankings, including:
- Academic quality, which takes into consideration acceptance rate, graduation rate, retention rate and student-to-faculty ratio;
- NCLEX-RN first-time pass rates in the last four years;
- Affordability; and
- Overall reputation of the nursing school.
NursingProcess.com’s top 10 registered nursing programs in Michigan for 2020 are:
- Monroe County Community College (Monroe)
- Muskegon Community College (Muskegon)
- St. Clair County Community College (Port Huron)
- Lake Michigan College (Benton Harbor)
- Southwestern Community College (Dowagiac)
- Delta College (University Center)
- Schoolcraft College (Livonia)
- Grand Rapids Community College (Grand Rapids)
- Alpena Community College (Alpena)
- Lansing Community College (Lansing)
For more information about the rankings, go to https://www.nursingprocess.org/nursing-schools/michigan/. To learn more about MCCC’s Registered Nursing Program go to https://www.monroeccc.edu/programs/nursing-registered. The college also offers an option for students that hold an active, unencumbered license as a practical or vocational nurse to pursue an associate of applied science in nursing degree via its PN to RN program. Info on this program can be found at https://www.monroeccc.edu/programs/nursing-pn-to-rn-option.
About Monroe County Community College
Founded in 1964, Monroe County Community College is a public, two-year institution supported by tax monies from Monroe County, educational funds from the State of Michigan and student tuition. The college’s mission is to enrich lives in our community by providing opportunity through student-focused, affordable, quality higher education and other learning experiences. The Main Campus is located at 1555 South Raisinville Road, Monroe, Mich., 48161, with easy access to Toledo and Detroit. The Whitman Center is located in Temperance, Mich., 48182, near the Ohio-Michigan Border. Detailed information about MCCC is available at www.monroeccc.edu.