So, you tried your hand at college elsewhere but decided MCCC is now the place for you? Well, we are sure glad you decided to transfer here! Check out the information below to ensure your transfer to MCCC goes as smoothly as possible.
Please request that any official college transcripts be submitted to the Admissions Office.
If you have less than 12 or more transferable credit hours from a regionally accredited college or university, you will need to also have your official high school transcripts and any ACT/SAT scores submitted as well.
Under Complete Your Course Placement, Meet With A Counselor, and Register For Classes
As a transfer student, if you provide proof of 12 or more transferable credit hours from a regionally accredited college or university, you will not need to take MCCC’s placement exam. If you do not have the 12 hours of credit or appropriate scores on the ACT/SAT, MCCC will require that a transfer student complete the Accuplacer Exam. The Accuplacer exam identifies current skill levels in math, English and Reading and could impact which courses in which you may enroll. Monroe County Community College conducts the Accuplacer test in our Regional Computer Training Center located in the La Z Boy Center (Room Z-258). All testing is currently being done by appointment only at this time. You may schedule an appointment by calling 734-384-4144 or by emailing Karen Kuhl at email@example.com.
MCCC is also utilizing Examity as a third-party, remote proctoring partner that allows students to test at a time of their choosing. Students do pay a $20 fee to utilize this service. All students who use Examity and enroll in the Summer 2020 or Fall 2020 semester may apply for CARES Act funds to help students who have been financially affected by the transition to online classes due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
Contact the Office of Admissions and Guidance Services via email at firstname.lastname@example.org for further information about completing the Accuplacer with Examity.
Additional Math Placement
The Math Department at Monroe County Community College has developed an additional online test that may be completed for Math placement. This is a free option that is available to students by following the steps below:
To register of the Monroe County Community College Math Placement Test on MyMathTest:
- Go to www.mymathtest.com
- Select "Student" under Register Now
- Select Register for self-study access only
- Click Yes, I have an access code
- Create Pearson Account if you do not have one already
- Enter Access Code: WSSMMT-GIGLI-BENCH-PASTE-PATHS-BYTES
- Enter new account information if you just created one including the selection of Monroe County Community College as your school
- Log into MyMathLab with the log-in information you just created
- Enter the following Program Code: XL3K-R1ZW-001Z-90W2
- On left hand side click “Take A Test”
- Click Monroe County Community College Placement Test FL2020 under assignment
- Complete your placement test
- Email email@example.com once completed so your results may be reviewed by a counselor.
Tuition must be paid by the payment due date or at the time of course registration. MCCC offers a variety of payment options:
- Pay online through your myWebPAL Student Registration and Planning Account (You’ll set this up when you meet with your counselor.)
- Pay in person at the Cashier’s Office in Building A.
- Sign up for our convenient Tuition Payment Plan through your myWebPAL account.
Remember, your reserved seat in a class will be dropped if you don’t make a payment by the due date. See Important Dates below.
All of your books and supplies are available through the MCCC Bookstore. Students are able to purchase or rent their books at the bookstore or online. The MCCC Bookstore is located in room A141 on Main Campus. Bring your class schedule from your myWebPAL account with you, and you’ll be ready to go.
MCCC offers online and in-person orientation programs.
REGISTER FOR NEW STUDENT ORIENTATION (IN-PERSON SESSION)
You are now ready to start your classes at MCCC and a step closer to reaching your goals!