Returning to school may be a big, difficult decision. But this is the right time to do it.
If you are age 25 or older and don't have a college degree, you could attend Monroe County Community College TUITION-FREE.
Through Michigan Reconnect, a program of the State of Michigan, students who are age 25 and up can apply to attend MCCC tuition-free to earn an associate degree or Pell Grant-eligible skill certificate. Michigan Reconnect is designed specifically for eligible adults who want to start – or finish – an associate degree, technical degree or skills certificate.
Has it been a long time since you’ve been a student? Take the chance – why not you? Why not now?
College can be tough, but it can also be one of the most rewarding decisions you ever make. A college degree will give you greater employment opportunities, earning potential and personal satisfaction. You should be proud that you are taking the first steps!
And, there are a lot of others just like you on MCCC’s campus. In fact, about 25 percent of MCCC students are over the age of 25, and 15 percent are over the age of 30.
Convenience for Busy Adults
Monroe County Community College understands that adult students have a lot going on, and juggling going to college with a full-time job and family commitments can seem like a daunting endeavor. That’s why MCCC is so focused on being flexible and responsive.
We offer courses during the evening and on weekends, and we offer plenty of online and blended course sections. Many MCCC degree programs allow students to complete the majority of the coursework online, and some can be completed totally online. With two convenient physical locations, MCCC is within easy reach for students throughout Southeast Michigan and Northwest Ohio.
Submit the online application for admission as a new MCCC student.
If you were a dual enrollment student in the past, you do not need to re-apply for admission. Just contact the Admissions and Guidance Office at (734) 384-4104 to set up an appointment with an advisor.
COMPLETE COURSE PLACEMENT
Monroe County Community College is conducting the Accuplacer test in our Testing Center located in Founders Hall (Room F-160). All testing is currently being done by appointment only at this time. You may schedule an appointment by calling 734-384-4144 or by emailing Karen Kuhl at firstname.lastname@example.org.
MCCC is utilizing Examity as a third-party, remote proctoring partner that allows students to test at a time of their choosing. Students do pay a fee to utilize this service. Contact the Office of Admissions and Guidance Services via email at email@example.com for more information about completing the Accuplacer with Examity.
Online Math PlacementThe Math Department at Monroe County Community College has developed an additional online test that may be completed for Math placement. This is a free option that is available to students by following the steps below:
To register for the Monroe County Community College Math Placement Test on MyMathTest:
- Go to https://mlm.pearson.com/northamerica/mymathtest/
- Select "Student" under Register Now
- Select Register for a course required by you instructor
- Enter the following Program Code: XL3K-R1ZW-001Z-90W2 and click continue
- Create Pearson Account if you do not have one already
- Select Use an Access Code
- Enter Access Code: WSSMMT-GIGLI-BENCH-PASTE-PATHS-BYTES
- Select Go to My Courses
- Sign in with the account information that you just created or sign in with information if you accessed previously
- Agree to required policies
- Enroll in new placement program with this Program ID again: XL3K-R1ZW-001Z-90W2
- You can utilized the Study Plan option prior to taking the test.
- Once you are ready to test you can click on the left hand side “Take A Test”
- Click Monroe County Community College Placement Test FL2020 under assignment
- Click Start Test and complete your placement test
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org once completed so your results may be reviewed by a counselor.
All new students are required to meet with a counselor in the Admissions and Guidance Office in Room A101 to review placement and/or ACT or SAT scores and discuss course selections. Call (734) 384-4104 for an appointment. Registration periods are as follows: Fall Semester – April through start of classes; Winter Semester – November through start of classes; Spring/Summer Semester –March through start of classes.
Tuition must be paid by the payment due date or at the time of course registration. MCCC offers a variety of payment options:
- Pay online through your myWebPAL Student Registration and Planning Account (You’ll set this up when you meet with your counselor.)
- Pay in person at the Cashier’s Office in Building A.
- Sign up for our convenient Tuition Payment Plan through your myWebPAL account.
Remember, your reserved seat in a class will be dropped if you don’t make a payment by the due date. See Important Dates below.
All of your books and supplies are available through the MCCC Bookstore. Students are able to purchase or rent their books at the bookstore or online. The MCCC Bookstore is located in room A141 on Main Campus. Bring your class schedule from your myWebPAL account with you, and you’ll be ready to go.
MCCC offers online and in-person orientation programs.
REGISTER FOR NEW STUDENT ORIENTATION (IN-PERSON SESSION) currently unavailable.
You are now ready to start your classes at MCCC and a step closer to reaching your goals!